Woodwork Carpentry and Joinery
Our experienced carpenters and joiners cover the entire scope of joinery needed in the building trade from simple repairs and upgrades through to the construction and erection of complete timber-framed buildings.
Our experience includes working on "historic" building including renovating half-timbered buildings, replacing and updating open oak timber features such as oak beamed ceilings, and oak-beamed roofs and other open oak or similar building features. We are also able to build new-build half-timbered buildings to create a home with character or to blend in with historic surroundings.
On the more day-to-day level, our woodwork and joinery services include general household or business joinery such as:
- Installing renovating or replacing solid wood flooring which may include renewing floor joists and related joinery. We can also replace or install laminate flooring.
- Planning and installation of fitted kitchens and fitted bedrooms. We can install kitchen or bedroom bought from other sources or we can build bespoke kitchen or bedroom units to meet your needs or to your specifications.
- Replacement of staircases - we can build and install a new staircase to replace an old, creaking staircase, or we can fit a staircase purchased from a staircase supplier. We are able to match the style and character of the existing staircase or build something completely fresh to renew the sprit of the home. We also build and/or fit new staircase for extensions or loft conversions etc. Of course a new, replaced or refurbished staircase will include new or refurbished handrails, balusters and other fittings.
- Internal and external doors. There is nothing worse than an ill-fitting door and our joiners will ensure each door opens and closes perfectly. We can make and fit both internal and external doors, either creating replacements to match existing doors or we can replace all of the doors within a property with new doors. Of course, we can replace the door frames, linings and hardware either while replacing doors, or keeping the original doors and just replacing the frames.
- Windows, double glazing and conservatories . We can make either one window as a matching replacement for an existing damaged window or install new single glazed or double glazed windows. We can install either uPVC or timber windows as necessary. We can also build and/or install timber conservatories or install uPVC conservatories from other manufacturers.
- Loft boarding - turning dead loft space into more usable storage by installing loft boards providing a stable floor within the loft area.
Some examples of our woodwork and joinery services can be seen acroos the board in various projects we have undertaken throughout Powys, Herefordshire and Worcester in our